The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA ) is a five-year program (2019 – 2023) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia’s agriculture sector.
PRISMA will improve smallholder farmers’ competitiveness and access to new markets, better inputs, know-how and technology. It will aim to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of a further 700,000 smallholder farming households in Indonesia by 2023 (including phase one 1 million farming households). The program operates in six provinces: East Java, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), Papua, West Papua and Central Java.
The Business Consultant advises national and international private sector partners on business solutions that better reach rural customers. He/she will develop sound business plans and manage projects using strong business analytics to optimize social impact on the rural economy.
The Business Consultant is responsible for organising and guiding at least one (and supporting other) interventions in the Program. Business Consultants work in close collaboration with each other and with the Result Measurement (RM) team. They oversee the research, identification and development of new business opportunities within targeted market systems.
|Level Masuk||:||Entry Level|
1. Undertakes data collection and research for analyzing specific market systems in selected agriculture commodities in the target provinces.
2. Analyses root causes of the underperforming market systems and assist in developing an inclusive sector strategy for selected commodities.
3. Identifies, assess and selects potential private/public partners
4. Contributes to the development of sustainable and inclusive business models to increase sector competitiveness
5. Regularly uses the data and information (financial and results) from the MIS to enhance intervention strategies
6. Negotiates deals with private/public partners to implement innovative business models
7. Develops contract documents
8. together with private/public partners develops detailed workplans and budgets as the basis of partnership contracts
9. Oversees the implementation intervention strategies including workplans and budgets
10. Monitors the progress and adjusts strategies to successfully transform the commodity’s value chain into a more competitive one
11. Provides accurate monthly forecasting of budgets based on regular monitoring of partnership contracts and takes accountability of monthly invoicing
Results Measurement (RM) and Communication
13. Supports the RM team to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of partnerships
14. Undertakes regular impact projections for on-going and pipeline interventions
15. Supports the communications team to develop learning and communication products
Reporting, Administrative and other tasks
16. Contributes to regular reporting including but not limited to annual progress reports, back to office reports, monthly donor updates
18. Actively participates in program learning events and capacity building activities
19. Undertakes administrative tasks as required under the operations manual
20. Is an active member of the Portfolio team and contributes to its team spirit and culture
21. Manages any other tasks assigned by the HoP